The relevant Vin’s Answer affiliate(s) and Vin’s Answer AB. are herafter referred to as “Vin’s Answer”, “VA” or “we”.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT & WHEN
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or interact with our Site. This personal data includes your:
- Contact details including name, email, telephone number and physical address
- Login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID
- Payment options
- Images, photos and videos
- Data on physical characteristics, such as selected products sizes
- Personal preferences including your marketing and cookie preference
WHY & HOW WE PROCESS (USE) YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When you use our Site, we will use your data to provide the product or service you have selected. For example, if you make a purchase on Vinsanswer.com, or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion.
TO PROTECT OUR OR OTHERS’ RIGHTS, PROPERTY OR SAFETY
FOR GENERAL RESEARCH & ANALYSIS PURPOSES
We use data about how our visitors use our Sites and Services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to Vinsanswer.com search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Vin’s Answer shares your personal data with:
- Vin’s Answer affiliates for the purposes outlined above
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Vin’s Answers behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
PROTECTION & MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Encryption & Security: We use a variety of security measures, including encryption (SSL) and authentication tools to maintain the safety of your personal data. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems. While we implement the above security measures on our site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
- International data transfers: The personal data we collect or generate (process) in the context of our Site will be stored in Sweden.
Some of the data recipients with whom Vin’s Answer shares your personal data may be located in countries other than the country in which your personal data originally was collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your data. Nevertheless, when we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries, including Sweden, we will protect that information as described in this Policy and in compliance with applicable law.
- Retention of your data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
- Your rights related to your personal data: You have the right to withdraw your consent with respect to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your data and to modification or deletion, in the event your data as stored by us are incorrect or otherwise unlawful.
COOKIES, GENERAL FACTS
Cookies – small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts (not checkouts), and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications (such as Google Analytics). As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help menu of your browser.
There are generally three categories of cookies used on our Site:
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request, allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. De-selecting these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. De-selecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through Vin’s Answer or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Site more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Applicable law and our practices change over time. If we decide to update our Policy, we will post the changes on our Site. We strongly encourage you to read our Policy and regularly check for any changes. This Policy was last modified in January 2017.